Dissidia Final Fantasy VT, the fighting game spin-off of the iconic JRPG series, will finally see a home release early next year. Square Enix has seen a fair amount of success on the Japanese arcade scene since 2015, and gamers will finally be able to enjoy it from the comfort of their own homes on Jan. 30, 2018.
Square Enix confirmed that the game would contain an optional season pass which will include six playable characters and other post-launch content. So far, the Japanese arcade has added or confirmed nine new characters to the game. It is unknown which of these characters the season pass grants access to.
- Garland – Final Fantasy
- The Emperor – Final Fantasy II
- Kain Highwind – Final Fantasy IV
- Exdeath – Final Fantasy V
- Kefka Palazzo – Final Fantasy VI
- Sephiroth – Final Fantasy VII
- Kuja – Final Fantasy IX
- Jecht – Final Fantasy X
- Noctis Lucis Caelum – Final Fantasy XV
- Ramza Beoulve – Final Fantasy Tactics
- Ace – Final Fantasy Type-0
As for the $189.99 “Ultimate Collector’s Edition,” it will include:
- Warrior of Light bust figure (8.25” tall)
- Official soundtrack with 15 tracks selected from the Dissidia series and newly recorded music
- 80-page hardback artbook
- Season Pass that gives access to six new playable characters and content post launch
- SteelBook case unique to the “UCE”
- Collector’s Box featuring legendary Final Fantasy characters
A closed beta will be held from Aug. 26 until Sept. 3. We’ll give you our thoughts on this exciting fighting game then.