The debut of Stranger Thing’s season 2 is now only a few weeks away (October 27) and we’re continuing to find out more details. The latest development was the release of the names of the episodes, and there are some interesting titles.
Netflix originally unveiled the complete list of the episodes when it announced season 2 last summer, but it has since updated some titles while keeping the last three episodes a secret. Here are the original titles.
- The Boy Who Came Back to Life
- The Pumpkin Patch
- The Palace
- The Storm
- The Pollywog
- The Secret Cabin
- The Brain
- The Lost Brother
And here is the updated list Netflix unveiled on Twitter.
Stranger Things 2 episode names: pic.twitter.com/JZdzl4yZJG
— Netflix US (@netflix) October 12, 2017
You can see a few of the names changed. The only major changes we can spot is the move up of the episode called “The Pollywog” up from six to three. The premiere episode is still being called “Madmax.”
We still can’t tell too much from the titles, but there are a few interesting tips we can connect to the trailer and other promotional material. Here’s what we’ve picked up:
- “Trick or Treat, Freak” will be second episode of the season, tying in nicely with the near-Halloween release. This may also be when the kids wear their Ghostbusters costumes.
- “Will the Wise” may hint at Will’s continuing premonitions of the Upside Down and hospital visit.
- “Pollywog” likely references the pet animal Dustin gets in the season that is “not from this planet or this dimension.”
- “Dig Dug” is the name of an arcade game in which you drop rocks on monsters in underground tunnels.
- “The Pumking Patch” was originally the name for episode three, now called “The Pollywog,” and a promotional poster showed off Hopper walking through an eerie, dead pumpkin patch.
We won’t have to wait too much longer to confirm if our suspicions are well-placed or way off. The second season of Stranger Things premieres October 27.